Sunday, 13 November 2011

Analysation Of preliminary task

 Planning/ pre-production of preliminary task

  In my opinion our planning could of went much better, as we never really created a structure for our filming; we made a storyboard, however, that was lost through filming, aswell as the fact that people in our group were absent for a few days. We also didnt have time to make a script, so had to generally improvise a script during filming.


Filming went better than the planning, as we got a lot of decent shots that we had designed on the storyboard, however,  we had problems filming also as people in our group were absent during  some of the days of filming, so we had to change a lot of things about to try and still make it work within the deadline. There was also a major flaw of continuity in our task; because our filming took place on different days, our actor Jordan was wearing different clothes in the exchange of certain shots, so one shot he'd be wearing a hoody, then he enters a room and is wearing a shirt!


This was my first attempt of editing a film and in my opinion was my favourite part of the task. Generally, for a first go i thought it went reasonably well, i thought that editing in the music was a great idea to run through the whole of the film but changing volume throughout, I thought the song (Tool -  Lost Keys) was a good song for the task as the whole feel of our film was to be quite trippy, and i think song really reflects that. Again though, there were problems with editing, mainly our fault in continuity, but i think the timing in exchanging of shots could have been tweaked better.

No comments:

Post a Comment